5 Weekend Immersions
Saturday & Sunday 9 – 5pm
Plus online learning
September 11-12, 2021:
Observation & Language Skills
October 2-3, 2021:
Effective Adjustments & Demonstrations
October 23-24, 2021:
Art of Sequencing Classes
November 20-21, 2021:
Themes, Program Planning & Business of Yoga
December 4-5, 2021:
Teaching Practicum & Graduation
Why Teaching Skills?
• Do you have a passion for yoga, an open mind and willingness to challenge yourself?
• Are you a new yoga teacher embarking on their yoga journey and looking for a way to boost your skills and confidence?
• Are you an existing yoga teacher looking to build upon your existing skills, get re-inspired, develop more confidence and elevate your teaching to the next level?
• Are you a wellness professional such as pilates, massage, fitness educator, and want to incorporate some of the tools you have learned through yoga into your existing work?
• Are you forever student and lover of yoga and want to deepen your own practice?,/h4>
Do you remember what drew you to first practice yoga? What entices you to return to your mat? What is your passion for yoga, and what is it you wish to share with others? This 100 Hour Teaching Skills training draws upon these questions as they are the heart of great teaching. Your responses to these questions are a compass, which combined with solid teaching technique, gives you the tools to be a skillful and inspiring yoga teacher.
This 100 Hour Teaching Skills training is offered through a blend of online learning and 5 weekend workshops. Each weekend is highly interactive with opportunities to learn and practice a variety of skills. We teach tools, not one set way of doing things. For example, you will not be given a sequence to teach, instead you will learn many ways to sequence creatively. You will not receive a script to follow, you will develop your own unique flow of words that feels authentic. From learning how to build creative sequences and utilizing your voice powerfully, to incorporating meaningful themes and offering fantastic adjustments, you will be equipped to lead classes that are rich and inspiring.
We believe the best way to become a great teacher is to, well, teach! We create a supportive space to practice your skills and receive invaluable feedback from your teachers and peers. In our collaborative learning environment, you will leave the training with at least 6 classes to go out into the world to teach with right away. Unique to our program is the opportunity to lead one full class, and offer adjusts in a second, so you leave with the experience and confidence to be in the seat of the teacher.
Our 100 Hour Teaching Skills training can be taken on its own if you are already a teacher or combined with the 100 Hour Yoga Studies training to become the 200 Hour Foundations Yoga Teacher Training.
Each weekend includes asana practice, posture clinics, meditation, philosophy, teaching methodology and peer teaching with some of Calgary’s most sought after yoga teachers.
• Build solid teaching skills based on the method of ''See one. Do one. Teach one.''
• Each weekend introduces specific teaching tools that you will practice with your peers.
• Receive supportive and constructive feedback throughout the training so you can grow into the teacher you want to be.
• Collaborate with your peers to design and teach classes using the technique of scaffolding by starting with one pose and building to full classes.
• Final practicum assignment brings all you have learned together so that you teach a full class with confidence.
Successful completion of this 100 Hour Teaching Skills program, will earn you a 100 Hour Teaching Skills Certificate. If you combine the 100 Hour Yoga Studies training and 100 Hour Teaching Skills training, you will receive a 200 Hour Foundations Yoga Teacher Training Certificate. All our trainings are certified by Yoga Alliance International. If you are an existing yoga teacher, all of these trainings are eligible for Continuing Education Credits with Yoga Alliance.
Why study with us?
• We are a Yoga Alliance certified school that is recognized world-wide.
• Our programs help you to create a teaching toolbelt that bolsters your authentic teaching ability so that you can shine, be creative and market your skills.
• Expert Faculty: We love our teachers! They are highly trained, passionate, and most importantly, amazing people to learn from. Your teaching team consists of at least one certified teacher at the ERYT-500 level and all our lead faculty are certified at a minimum of ERYT-200 Level.
• We Tune In: Every training is unique because every group has its own energy. We are always listening, reflecting and responding to the individual evolution and needs of each group.
• Community & Collaboration: We are partnered with yoga studios and local businesses that you will be connected to within the community!
• We stay current: Course material is always being updated and we continue to study and expand our own knowledge base. We are not satisfied with the status quo and do not expect you to be either!
Secure your place
Tuition includes a Yoga Teaching Skills Training manual, printed handouts, online resources and ongoing mentoring throughout the training.
2021 Early Bird SpecialAvailable until July 1!
Save $100 when you register and pay in full before July 1 for our fall 2021 program!
Standard Tuition100 hour
Registrations open for Fall 2021!
Pay 5 InstallmentsPer Workshop
Tuition is due one week prior to each weekend workshop.