MENTORSHIP: TEACHING FROM THE HEART
September 11 – October 30, 2019
~Do you feel there is more you'd like to share with your students and fell challenged expressing it in a genuine way?
~Are you feeling stuck in a rut with your teaching?
~Are you eager to step more fully into the seat of the teacher and want to practice teaching while receiving the feedback you need to grow into the teacher you want to be?
~Do you want to set yourself apart from the others by teaching in an authentic way that creates impact?
Photo by: @taktheslowboat
With Alice Hong
September 11-October 30, 2019
8 Wednesdays 5:30-9:30 PM
Each weekly Wednesday session includes a 90-minute Asana Lab where you will either adjust, observe or practice. Debriefing sessions will include advanced teaching skills workshop topics. The final weekend is a teaching practice to share your new skills and receive direct feedback.
1 Weekend: October 25 & 26, 8:00-5:30 PM
Location: Journey Yoga, Calgary AB
The heart is the birthplace of connection and meaningful teaching. Many training programs cover the mechanical “hard skills” of teaching without addressing heart-based “soft skills”. This mentorship program is a personal development process that supports you to do your own inner work so you can “get out of your own way” and share your teachings with greater depth, resonance and aliveness.
Essential skills we will explore:
• Voice: tone, cues, communication
• Light & shadow: recognize limiting beliefs, blindspots & see challenges as gifts
• Archetypes & doshas: philosophy for understanding individuals & group dynamics
• Creativity: teach “out of the box”, from your passion and growing edge
• Teaching practice: Reflection & feedback
Who is this program for?
• experienced teachers in search of fresh inspiration and ready to rise to the next level
• new teachers wanting a “stepping stone” with more support and practice teaching
• facilitators of any modality looking to refine their existing skills, using yoga tools as a model
• seasoned yogis wanting to deepen their practice and explore personal development
• greater confidence in teaching
• practical tools to use in your classes
• clearer sense of your gifts and your growing edges
• community of supportive peers to grow with
Prerequisite: 200-hour YTT or a dedicated practice (individual cases considered).
“Gathering weekly with the mentorship group created a much needed structure that allowed us to learn, trust, share and dive deeply into ourselves. Alice’s incredible ability to listen, support and guide each of us has been the key element to allow us to find our own voice and build the confidence to share our teachings from our most authentic self.” ~Rose Theriault
“Your training was amazing. I don’t think I would have been able to step out of my shell without you.” ~Karen Leung
“I have left with a deeper sense of alignment and teaching tools for queuing alignment. The exploration during the program and the different forms of feedback that I was given has encouraged me and I feel more confident around the idea of teaching and sharing healing practices. ~Alison G.
Secure your place
Early BirdFall & Winter
- Book early and save $100 when you register before Aug. 1 for the fall and Dec. 1 for winter.
Regular TuitionFull Fees
Register up to two weeks before the program starts as long as space is available.
Two PaymentsInstalment Plan
Payment is due when you register and final payment is due on the day the program starts.