Not an anatomy geek? That’s OK! We have streamlined all the key points of anatomy and biomechanics in this workshop. To understanding anatomy and teach with this knowledge empowers your students to explore their practice with safety and awareness. Whether helping students to contract or relax certain muscles, stack bones over joints, or lengthen their spines, precise instructions produce strong, injury-free yoga practices.
In this informative and interactive weekend, you will learn about body structures such as fascia, the skeleton, and joints and muscles as they pertain to yoga asanas. We will discuss the tools to find optimal alignment and healthy movement of the body as well as explore how to work with some common injuries and health concerns. Understand your own body, including the parts that are weak, injured or tight, and use that insight to teach with greater understanding and compassion.
Anatomy & Biomechanics comes alive through interactive learning and active exploration. By learning in a group setting, you will work with many bodies to gain a wide perspective on the anatomical similarities between us, as well as unique and individual differences. Anatomy & Biomechanics is a pivotal synergist to inform your teachings. Detail to alignment and healthy movement will keep your students safe and empower them in a stronger, more competent practice that can be the catalyst to moving into more challenging poses.
You will also learn:
• Anatomical terms of reference
• The musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
• The joints, spine and torso
• The respiratory & nervous systems
• The anatomy of the head, neck, shoulders, upper limbs, pelvis, and lower limbs
• Common pathologies, injuries and health concerns
What Will You Gain From This Workshop
In this Anatomy & Biomechanics workshop, you will learn the key principles of alignment so that you are confident in your knowledge of the human design. You will also accumulate:
• 18 classroom hours, including daily asana practice
• Course notes
• Continued Education (CE) credits with Yoga Alliance
• Knowledge of Anatomy & Biomechanics and how they pertain to yoga and movement
• Knowledge of how to weave Anatomy & Biomechanics into your classes
• A community of like-minded seekers to share your path with
• Access to a shared drive with literature and multimedia for further studies
• Peer teaching and practice
Location: TBD, Calgary, AB
Dates: April 6 – 8, 2018
Class Times: Friday 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Saturday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm & Sunday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Faculty: Nora Maskey Payment: $390 per weekend or all 5 weekends for $1799 (Save $151)
*This program is a part of our 200HR Yoga Teacher Training and can be taken on its own or towards a certification.
Secure your place
Tuition includes printed handouts and access to online resources.
Registration & Payment
You will be redirected to our on-line store where you can select your workshop(s).
Your payment secures your space. Register up to and including the first day of the program as long as space is available.